World Awaits Their Cage Fight and they attack each other’s companies
The Musk versus Zuckerberg rivalry is becoming a never-ending saga. While their still to be held cage fight is in complete disarray, they are more or less making up for that on social media, both of them have reserved their best punches for social media it seems. Musk has now attacked Zuckerberg’s Facebook.
In an early morning post on X today, Elon Musk yet again attacked Zuckerberg. The reason this time around? Allegedly, as per a fresh investigation, Mark Zuckerberg’s Facebook is paying activists to stall their opponents during a national referendum by demanding censorship against them. This is glaringly incongruent with Meta CEO Zuckerberg’s earlier statement that Facebook has independent fact-checkers and is ready for all perspectives without interfering in elections.
Responding to the news, billionaire Elon Musk posted on X that “Facebook is manipulating the public almost everywhere on Earth. That is why they won’t open source their algorithm.” This early morning post of Musk went viral within hours and triggered a meme fest. Elon, who has 154 million followers on X, garnered 7 million views for this post against Facebook within four hours.
Elon Musk Had Made Algorithm of X Open in March
World’s wealthiest person Elon Musk had made X’s recommendation algorithm open source way back in March 2023 when X was still twitter, with much fanfare. Twitter (now X) had released the code that picks which tweets show up on your timeline to GitHub and has published a blog post explaining the decision. As per The Verge report, it breaks down what all the algorithm looks at when deciding which tweets to feature in the For You timeline and how it filters and ranks them,
According to Twitter’s blog post then, “The recommendation pipeline is made up of three main stages.” First, it gathers “the best Tweets from different recommendation sources,” and then it ranks those tweets with “a machine learning model.” Lastly, it filters out tweets you’ve already seen, tweets from people you’ve blocked or tweets that are not safe for work, before putting them on your timeline.
Just recently Zuckerberg had attacked X in a reaction to Musk’s idea of live streaming cage fight between him and Musk on X. Zuck had then suggested that a better platform should be used for live streaming the cage fight. Now Musk has attacked Facebook. Musk-Zuckerberg rivalry is intensifying.
Can not find what you looking for?
We've recently added
- XAI (ELON MUSK’S AI START-UP) WOOS INVESTORS LEVERAGING IT’s ACCESS TO “MUSKONOMY”
- Tesla employee hailing from Minnesota arrested for threatening to kill Elon Musk and Joe Biden
- Elon Musk’s X platform to introduce peer-to-peer payments
- Worth of X has dipped by 71% post Musk’s takeover, Fidelity estimates
- First India factory of Elon Musk’s Tesla to be in Gujarat, announcement likely in Vibrant Gujarat event
- Media Matters sued by Elon Musk’s X over ad controversy, billionaire asserts ‘first of many’
- Elon Musk addresses accusations of antisemitism: ‘Nothing could be further from the truth’
- Elon Musk offers genuine apologies for not meeting Piyush Goyal at Tesla factory
- OpenAI CEO Sam Altman takes a dig at Elon Musk’s Grok AI chatbot (competitor of his ChatGPT)
- Neuralink triggers buzz, thousands willing to volunteer for Elon Musk’s brain chip implant startup
- India looks to provide all approvals to Elon Musk’s Tesla by January 2024
- Elon Musk uncovers Grok, an AI chatbot set to challenge ChatGPT
- Elon Musk and UK PM Rishi Sunak discuss deadly humanoid robots at AI summit
- Musk says Starlink ready to provide internet connectivity to support Gaza aid organisations
- ‘Not just numbers’, Elon Musk goes overtly emotional on Tesla earnings call; Analysts call him ‘little baby’