Starship completing static fire test is prelude to mars, says Elon Musk
SpaceX CEO Elon Musk has merrily responded to visuals of the company conducting its first static fire test of the upper-stage prototype on Monday. The company successfully completed the first six-engine static fire test from its facility at Boca Chica, Texas.
According to Bloomberg, Musk’s SpaceX has spent around $3 billion in 2023. Starship is a next-gen fully reusable rocket which is designed to carry cargo and crew to ‘Earth orbit, the Moon, Mars and beyond’. “Starship will be the world’s most powerful launch vehicle ever developed, capable of carrying up to 150 metric tonnes fully reusable and 250 metric tonnes expendable” SpaceX explains the capabilities of Starship.
Inaugural flight of Starship from the SpaceX facility in Texas on April 20 this year saw the rocket take off from its launchpad successfully but suffer multiple engine failures leading to it going out of control. According to the plan, the booster was to separate from the spacecraft minutes after liftoff, however, that didn’t happen and SpaceX was forced to activate the flight termination system that blew up the rocket.
On June 13 Elon Musk had confirmed in an interaction on Twitter that the next launch of Starship is slated within the next 2 months. In a recent interview with Bloomberg, Musk said that the possibility of Starship launching getting to Orbit is much higher because of the more than 1,000 changes made since the first launch.
“So I think the probability of the next flight working — or getting to orbit — is much higher than the last one,” Musk told Bloomberg. “Maybe it’s like 60%; it depends on how well we do at stage separation,” he added.
Musk revealed in the same interview that SpaceX has made a ‘late breaking change’ to the way Starship separates and when the Super Heavy booster breaks free mid-flight. He also said that SpaceX will be doing hot staging this time, meaning Starship will ignite while the Super Heavy Booster is still attached.
Can not find what you looking for?
We've recently added
- Elon Musk’s Starlink all set to get approval from Telecom Ministry for starting services in India: Reports
- Ukraine-Russia war latest: Elon Musk vehemently denies switching off Starlink to stop Ukrainian drone boat attack
- According to Elon Musk’s own math, X formerly known as Twitter has lost 90% of its worth leaving its value at measly $4 billion
- Elon Musk Procured $1 Billion Loan from SpaceX Before He Bought Twitter: Report
- Elon Musk’s SpaceX will send satellites to bolster Emergency SOS via Satellite feature on iPhones
- Musk’s X lifts ban on political ads, to allow US political candidates and parties advertise ahead of election
- Elon Musk’s plan to put 1 million people on Mars by 2050 is feasible or pure delusion?
- Elon Musk’s X takes on LinkedIn, launches job hiring feature for monthly fee of Rs. 82,000
- Elon Musk congratulates ISRO for Chandrayaan-3 success
- World Awaits Their Cage Fight and they attack each other’s companies
- Scott Galloway, NYU professor with 560,000 followers, claims he’s been locked out of his X account for over a fortnight after declining to meet with Elon Musk
- Zuckerberg calls off cage fight with Musk calling Musk unserious, Musk calls Zuckerberg chicken in response
- Mark Zuckerberg’s response to Elon Musk’s idea of live streaming their cage fight on X is a suggestion that more reliable platform than X should be used
- Elon Musk boasts that Tesla phone can be used from Mars
- Installation of huge ‘X’ symbol on twitter headquarter invites backlash from neighbours and officials