Starship completing static fire test is prelude to mars, says Elon Musk
SpaceX CEO Elon Musk has merrily responded to visuals of the company conducting its first static fire test of the upper-stage prototype on Monday. The company successfully completed the first six-engine static fire test from its facility at Boca Chica, Texas.
According to Bloomberg, Musk’s SpaceX has spent around $3 billion in 2023. Starship is a next-gen fully reusable rocket which is designed to carry cargo and crew to ‘Earth orbit, the Moon, Mars and beyond’. “Starship will be the world’s most powerful launch vehicle ever developed, capable of carrying up to 150 metric tonnes fully reusable and 250 metric tonnes expendable” SpaceX explains the capabilities of Starship.
Inaugural flight of Starship from the SpaceX facility in Texas on April 20 this year saw the rocket take off from its launchpad successfully but suffer multiple engine failures leading to it going out of control. According to the plan, the booster was to separate from the spacecraft minutes after liftoff, however, that didn’t happen and SpaceX was forced to activate the flight termination system that blew up the rocket.
On June 13 Elon Musk had confirmed in an interaction on Twitter that the next launch of Starship is slated within the next 2 months. In a recent interview with Bloomberg, Musk said that the possibility of Starship launching getting to Orbit is much higher because of the more than 1,000 changes made since the first launch.
“So I think the probability of the next flight working — or getting to orbit — is much higher than the last one,” Musk told Bloomberg. “Maybe it’s like 60%; it depends on how well we do at stage separation,” he added.
Musk revealed in the same interview that SpaceX has made a ‘late breaking change’ to the way Starship separates and when the Super Heavy booster breaks free mid-flight. He also said that SpaceX will be doing hot staging this time, meaning Starship will ignite while the Super Heavy Booster is still attached.
Can not find what you looking for?
We've recently added
- XAI (ELON MUSK’S AI START-UP) WOOS INVESTORS LEVERAGING IT’s ACCESS TO “MUSKONOMY”
- Tesla employee hailing from Minnesota arrested for threatening to kill Elon Musk and Joe Biden
- Elon Musk’s X platform to introduce peer-to-peer payments
- Worth of X has dipped by 71% post Musk’s takeover, Fidelity estimates
- First India factory of Elon Musk’s Tesla to be in Gujarat, announcement likely in Vibrant Gujarat event
- Media Matters sued by Elon Musk’s X over ad controversy, billionaire asserts ‘first of many’
- Elon Musk addresses accusations of antisemitism: ‘Nothing could be further from the truth’
- Elon Musk offers genuine apologies for not meeting Piyush Goyal at Tesla factory
- OpenAI CEO Sam Altman takes a dig at Elon Musk’s Grok AI chatbot (competitor of his ChatGPT)
- Neuralink triggers buzz, thousands willing to volunteer for Elon Musk’s brain chip implant startup
- India looks to provide all approvals to Elon Musk’s Tesla by January 2024
- Elon Musk uncovers Grok, an AI chatbot set to challenge ChatGPT
- Elon Musk and UK PM Rishi Sunak discuss deadly humanoid robots at AI summit
- Musk says Starlink ready to provide internet connectivity to support Gaza aid organisations
- ‘Not just numbers’, Elon Musk goes overtly emotional on Tesla earnings call; Analysts call him ‘little baby’