People with no kids should lose voting rights, suggests Musk
Twitter owner and father of nine Elon Musk has suggested that voting rights of people with no kids should be curtailed. This suggestion from Musk will surprise few as he is the same person who stated that biggest challenge that civilization has faced so far is collapsing birth rate. Musk has been a staunch advocate of multiple child bearing and says that it is the best solution for under-population crisis.
People are not surprised that Elon Musk is demanding revocation of voting rights of people don’t have kids but still this suggestion has stirred up a hornets’ nest on twitter. Tesla boss didn’t propose this idea but definitely endorsed it while responding to a user. The said user had stated that democracy is not workable long term without limiting voting rights to parents. Father of nine Elon Musk supported him. Musk had in the past said that childless had little stake in the future.
Elon Musk had stated in his All-In Summit speech, “Some people think that having fewer kids is better for the environment. It’s total nonsense. The environment is going to be fine even if we doubled the size of the humans.” He further stated, “At least maintain our numbers. We don’t necessarily need to grow dramatically, but least let’s not gradually dwindle away until civilization ends with all of us in adult diapers, in a whimper.” He judiciously used the example of Japan’s dwindling birth rate. He said, “Japan is a leading indicator here.” He had claimed that Japan will cease to exist because of its dwindling birth rate.
Musk has made his opinion clear in no uncertain terms about the issue of child bearing. He has said that dwindling birth rate will eventually cause civilization to dwindle. He says that having kids is not bad for environment, in fact it is necessary for maintaining civilization. He has even talked in some detail about fears of modern-day parents and explained how it doesn’t add up. “I’ve heard many times; ‘How can I bring a child into this terrible world’,” Elon Musk said. “I’m like ‘have you read history?’ Because let me tell you, it was way worse back then,” he added. It seems Musk walks the talk, his actions are absolutely congruent with his sayings, he advocates bearing multiple children and he himself is father of nine children.
Can not find what you looking for?
We've recently added
- Elon Musk’s Starlink all set to get approval from Telecom Ministry for starting services in India: Reports
- Ukraine-Russia war latest: Elon Musk vehemently denies switching off Starlink to stop Ukrainian drone boat attack
- According to Elon Musk’s own math, X formerly known as Twitter has lost 90% of its worth leaving its value at measly $4 billion
- Elon Musk Procured $1 Billion Loan from SpaceX Before He Bought Twitter: Report
- Elon Musk’s SpaceX will send satellites to bolster Emergency SOS via Satellite feature on iPhones
- Musk’s X lifts ban on political ads, to allow US political candidates and parties advertise ahead of election
- Elon Musk’s plan to put 1 million people on Mars by 2050 is feasible or pure delusion?
- Elon Musk’s X takes on LinkedIn, launches job hiring feature for monthly fee of Rs. 82,000
- Elon Musk congratulates ISRO for Chandrayaan-3 success
- World Awaits Their Cage Fight and they attack each other’s companies
- Scott Galloway, NYU professor with 560,000 followers, claims he’s been locked out of his X account for over a fortnight after declining to meet with Elon Musk
- Zuckerberg calls off cage fight with Musk calling Musk unserious, Musk calls Zuckerberg chicken in response
- Mark Zuckerberg’s response to Elon Musk’s idea of live streaming their cage fight on X is a suggestion that more reliable platform than X should be used
- Elon Musk boasts that Tesla phone can be used from Mars
- Installation of huge ‘X’ symbol on twitter headquarter invites backlash from neighbours and officials