Installation of huge ‘X’ symbol on twitter headquarter invites backlash from neighbours and officials
Elon Musk would not have expected that installation of ‘X’ sign on top of the building housing X headquarter will invite the ire of neighbours and investigation by San Francisco’s department of building inspection. He in fact merrily shared a video of X headquarter with ‘X’ sign installed atop. This step of Musk may be a part of twitter rebranding exercise but has invited the ire of neighbours.
Many neighbours have made their dislike for extreme brightness of newly installed ‘X’ sign atop the building absolutely clear. That’s not all. San Francisco’s department of building has initiated an inspection in this regard. San Francisco officials served a notice of violation without any delay on the day of installation of ‘X’ sign itself. Notice stated that the sign was installed without permit.
According to a report of Washington post, X lacks the mandatory permit needed for replacement or placement of any signage. Company officials offered clarification that the signage was a temporary structure installed for event and denied access of the rooftop to the concerned inspector.
Some neighbours have used the X platform to complain that ‘X’ signage was too intensely bright. One user wrote, “I’m just astounded at the flagrant lack of consideration for anyone ever.” Another user wrote, “X logo light at the old Twitter headquarters is bright as hell.”
After facing complaints and investigation Musk wrote, “Many have offered rich incentives for X (fka Twitter) to move its HQ out of San Francisco. Moreover, the city is in a doom spiral with one company after another left or leaving. Therefore, they expect X will move too. We will not. You only know who your real friends are when the chips are down. San Francisco, beautiful San Francisco, though others forsake you, we will always be your friend.”
Musk would not have even dreamt of the backlash of neighbours that he is facing for installing the ‘X’ signage atop the building housing the headquarters of his own company X. It seems he was also not expecting notice from San Francisco’s department of building for lack of permit to install the said signage. Installing colossal ‘X’ signage as part of twitter rebranding exercise seems to have badly backfired. After police intervened workers halted their attempt to remove iconic bird logo from the side of the building.
Can not find what you looking for?
We've recently added
- XAI (ELON MUSK’S AI START-UP) WOOS INVESTORS LEVERAGING IT’s ACCESS TO “MUSKONOMY”
- Tesla employee hailing from Minnesota arrested for threatening to kill Elon Musk and Joe Biden
- Elon Musk’s X platform to introduce peer-to-peer payments
- Worth of X has dipped by 71% post Musk’s takeover, Fidelity estimates
- First India factory of Elon Musk’s Tesla to be in Gujarat, announcement likely in Vibrant Gujarat event
- Media Matters sued by Elon Musk’s X over ad controversy, billionaire asserts ‘first of many’
- Elon Musk addresses accusations of antisemitism: ‘Nothing could be further from the truth’
- Elon Musk offers genuine apologies for not meeting Piyush Goyal at Tesla factory
- OpenAI CEO Sam Altman takes a dig at Elon Musk’s Grok AI chatbot (competitor of his ChatGPT)
- Neuralink triggers buzz, thousands willing to volunteer for Elon Musk’s brain chip implant startup
- India looks to provide all approvals to Elon Musk’s Tesla by January 2024
- Elon Musk uncovers Grok, an AI chatbot set to challenge ChatGPT
- Elon Musk and UK PM Rishi Sunak discuss deadly humanoid robots at AI summit
- Musk says Starlink ready to provide internet connectivity to support Gaza aid organisations
- ‘Not just numbers’, Elon Musk goes overtly emotional on Tesla earnings call; Analysts call him ‘little baby’