Installation of huge ‘X’ symbol on twitter headquarter invites backlash from neighbours and officials
Elon Musk would not have expected that installation of ‘X’ sign on top of the building housing X headquarter will invite the ire of neighbours and investigation by San Francisco’s department of building inspection. He in fact merrily shared a video of X headquarter with ‘X’ sign installed atop. This step of Musk may be a part of twitter rebranding exercise but has invited the ire of neighbours.
Many neighbours have made their dislike for extreme brightness of newly installed ‘X’ sign atop the building absolutely clear. That’s not all. San Francisco’s department of building has initiated an inspection in this regard. San Francisco officials served a notice of violation without any delay on the day of installation of ‘X’ sign itself. Notice stated that the sign was installed without permit.
According to a report of Washington post, X lacks the mandatory permit needed for replacement or placement of any signage. Company officials offered clarification that the signage was a temporary structure installed for event and denied access of the rooftop to the concerned inspector.
Some neighbours have used the X platform to complain that ‘X’ signage was too intensely bright. One user wrote, “I’m just astounded at the flagrant lack of consideration for anyone ever.” Another user wrote, “X logo light at the old Twitter headquarters is bright as hell.”
After facing complaints and investigation Musk wrote, “Many have offered rich incentives for X (fka Twitter) to move its HQ out of San Francisco. Moreover, the city is in a doom spiral with one company after another left or leaving. Therefore, they expect X will move too. We will not. You only know who your real friends are when the chips are down. San Francisco, beautiful San Francisco, though others forsake you, we will always be your friend.”
Musk would not have even dreamt of the backlash of neighbours that he is facing for installing the ‘X’ signage atop the building housing the headquarters of his own company X. It seems he was also not expecting notice from San Francisco’s department of building for lack of permit to install the said signage. Installing colossal ‘X’ signage as part of twitter rebranding exercise seems to have badly backfired. After police intervened workers halted their attempt to remove iconic bird logo from the side of the building.
Can not find what you looking for?
We've recently added
- Elon Musk’s Starlink all set to get approval from Telecom Ministry for starting services in India: Reports
- Ukraine-Russia war latest: Elon Musk vehemently denies switching off Starlink to stop Ukrainian drone boat attack
- According to Elon Musk’s own math, X formerly known as Twitter has lost 90% of its worth leaving its value at measly $4 billion
- Elon Musk Procured $1 Billion Loan from SpaceX Before He Bought Twitter: Report
- Elon Musk’s SpaceX will send satellites to bolster Emergency SOS via Satellite feature on iPhones
- Musk’s X lifts ban on political ads, to allow US political candidates and parties advertise ahead of election
- Elon Musk’s plan to put 1 million people on Mars by 2050 is feasible or pure delusion?
- Elon Musk’s X takes on LinkedIn, launches job hiring feature for monthly fee of Rs. 82,000
- Elon Musk congratulates ISRO for Chandrayaan-3 success
- World Awaits Their Cage Fight and they attack each other’s companies
- Scott Galloway, NYU professor with 560,000 followers, claims he’s been locked out of his X account for over a fortnight after declining to meet with Elon Musk
- Zuckerberg calls off cage fight with Musk calling Musk unserious, Musk calls Zuckerberg chicken in response
- Mark Zuckerberg’s response to Elon Musk’s idea of live streaming their cage fight on X is a suggestion that more reliable platform than X should be used
- Elon Musk boasts that Tesla phone can be used from Mars
- Installation of huge ‘X’ symbol on twitter headquarter invites backlash from neighbours and officials