Elon Musk showcases Optimus (Tesla humanoid robot) performing Yoga, greeting with Namaste
Humanoid robot called ‘Optimus’ developed by Elon Musk’s Tesla was seen greeting with Namaste, performing Yoga and sorting blocks by colour in a video posted on Sunday by Tesla. Video was shared by official account of Tesla Optimus with the caption ”Optimus can now sort objects autonomously. Its neural network is trained fully end-to-end: video in, controls out. Come join us to help develop Optimus (& improve its yoga routine).” Yoga postures needing balance and flexibility were performed by Optimus. Robot could be seen standing on one leg and stretching limbs. This is not the first time that Optimus has been showcased, it was showcased way back in October 2022 during ‘Tesla AI day’. Optimus seems to be capable of self-calibrating its arms and legs now.
The humanoid robot possesses the same sensors and artificial intelligence (AI) software present in ‘Autopilot’ (Tesla’s advanced driver assistance system) and it may cost around $20,000. It very smoothly learns to do tasks like sorting blocks by colours. Mass production of this robot is intended. The Verge reports, Optimus runs on a Tesla chip, has a 2.3 kilowatt per hour battery pack which is “perfect for about a full day’s worth of work”, and has LTE and Wi-Fi connectivity.
Internet users were mighty impressed with the robot’s new capabilities. One user stated, ”Optimus is so smooth. I’m impressed.” Another stated, ”OMG! Amazing progress from the @Tesla team. Well done. I can’t wait to see the next leap in capabilities.” A third user added, ”That is absolutely mind-blowing progress!!! As an engineer, I am in total awe of all the tiny details that had to be done just right to achieve that rather simple-looking fluid motion… and if that was not difficult enough, it already has the cognitive ability to deal with changing reality! And all this since the last demo where Optimus was only just about walking clumsily! I am speechless! Tesla AI team is the A team. And the pace of progress seems to be on an exponential curve. Well done Tesla teams!! Congratulations.”
The human-like hands meant to make the robot capable of picking up objects of different shapes and sizes at factories and other facilities is “Biologically Inspired Design”. “It’ll be a fundamental transformation for civilisation as we know it,” Musk had opined at the AI Day event. He had stated that the robot may cost “probably less than $20,000”, as his team took a non-walking prototype offstage behind him.
Can not find what you looking for?
We've recently added
- Elon Musk offers genuine apologies for not meeting Piyush Goyal at Tesla factory
- OpenAI CEO Sam Altman takes a dig at Elon Musk’s Grok AI chatbot (competitor of his ChatGPT)
- Neuralink triggers buzz, thousands willing to volunteer for Elon Musk’s brain chip implant startup
- India looks to provide all approvals to Elon Musk’s Tesla by January 2024
- Elon Musk uncovers Grok, an AI chatbot set to challenge ChatGPT
- Elon Musk and UK PM Rishi Sunak discuss deadly humanoid robots at AI summit
- Musk says Starlink ready to provide internet connectivity to support Gaza aid organisations
- ‘Not just numbers’, Elon Musk goes overtly emotional on Tesla earnings call; Analysts call him ‘little baby’
- Elon Musk: “I will give them a billion dollars if they change their name to **********”
- Elon Musk pondering about removing X platform from Europe
- Tesla EV helps driver to outrun Hamas gunmen in wild chase, Elon Musk reacts
- Amid tensions, Elon Musk makes Tesla Superchargers free in Israel
- EU warns Elon Musk sternly over ‘disinformation’ on X about Hamas attack against Israel
- What celebrities like Elon Musk think about Hamas-Israel fighting?
- X starts hiding headlines because Elon Musk reasoned it will make posts look better