Hey Kids. The reason why Elon Musk and his company SpaceX are trying to get to Mars, is that Elon wants to make sure before it’s too late that the human race becomes ‘multi planetary’ Elon feels very strongly about this, and it is his belief that the people of Earth should take on this extraordinary undertaking sooner rather than later. Elon had noticed that Aeronautics companies like NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration) did not really have a plan for manned missions to Mars. Government agencies like NASA planned and continue to plan unmanned missions to Mars, by sending rovers to explore the red planet, and take back samples to learn more about this amazing world, but that’s about where it ends.
In fact, organisations like NASA and other government organisations in other countries, while they are talking about it, have no real solid plans to send man back to the moon on manned missions. Not since the 1970’s has there been manned missions to the moon, and with no manned missions to the moon in the next few years (maybe in 2024), there are no plans yet for government organisations to set foot on Mars.
This is where Elon Musk and his company SpaceX come in!
Elon and SpaceX are making these very plans to get man to Mars someday! We say someday, as this will not be an easy undertaking, but Elon’s vision of creating SpaceX is the launch pad to making this happen, and considering some of the things that Elon has achieved in life, here at www.elonmuskforkids.com we cannot think of any better man to visualize this project, and to make it happen.
Elon has said that the main reason for starting SpaceX was to get organisations like NASA and others to think about how they can make this amazing dream of man landing on Mars possible for humans in our lifetime, and at the start not really for SpaceX to be the organisation to do it. That has now changed as Elon still felt that the typical space exploration organisations were not serious enough with plans and ambitions to make Mars missions a reality. Elon and SpaceX now have plans. WOW!
So, what are the plans and the timelines for the planned manned missions to Mars.
- Mars ‘Oasis’ was dreamed up my Elon Musk on 2001 to send plant life to Mars.
- Elon Musk publicly confirms interest in space exploration to Mars.
- Goal of an unmanned mission to Mars by SpaceX by 2024.
- Goal of the first crewed flight by 2026.
Since SpaceX was started, the company has already made massive progress in realizing the phenomenal dream of getting humans to step foot on Mars.
Download questions about the Elon Musk & Mars here: Mars (answers are on this page)
For more in-depth worksheets on Elon Musk. Click on Kidskonnect Worksheets
Check out our new twitter account dedicated to Elon Musk @elonmuskforkids
Fun Facts About Elon Musk & Mars
- Elon states that cryptocurrency will be the money used on Mars.
- The reason why Elon wants to get to Mars is to make the human race ‘multiplanetary’.
- The ‘Musk Foundation’ is a foundation that was founded by Elon that is dedciated to space exploration, that includes the exploration of Mars.
- Elon plans to have people on Mars by 2026.
- Elon claims that 1 million people could be living on Mars by 2060.
- What was the name of the project dreamed of in 2001 that was to send plant life to Mars?
- What is the reason why Elon wants to get people to Mars?
- What is the name of the Space Exploration company that Elon started to get people to Mars?
- What was the planned year to get people to Mars?
- How many people could be living on Mars by 2060?
Can not find what you looking for?
We've recently added
- Twitter CEO Elon Musk
- Elon Musk Ideas for Big Change:
- Instagram or Twitter : Elon Musk asks Users which is the better platform
- Elon Musk could grab SpaceX’s
- Elon Musk to leave
- Elon Musk- Luck is greatest superpower
- Sources Say,
- Musician Elton John to quit Twitter
- Elon Musk discusses Joe Biden
- Elon Musk claims Apple
- Elon Musk Says
- Latest News Elon Musk
- Twitter won’t allow new accounts
- Elon Musk took over a fighting business
- Twitter’s Musk “Official”